Funding Professional Bereavement Care Training
Some of the funds raised during Baby Loss Awareness Week 2018, in particular our 10km Starlight Walk, were earmarked for SANDS (stillbirth and Neonatal Death Charity) Bereavement Care training in Jersey and this is booked for October 2019.
As with all training brought to Jersey, this enables maximum attendance by health professionals. We hope to welcome a range of health professionals, including midwives, doctors, health visitors, neonatal nurses and paediatric nurses.
Pregnancy Loss and the Death of a Baby:
Sands One-Day Workshop for Multi-disciplinary Groups – Aim & Learning Outcomes
Aim of the Course
To enable health professionals to develop the knowledge, insight and skills to provide high quality, sensitive care to parents who experience the death of a baby, before, during or shortly after birth.
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Identify the unique impact of grief in relation to pregnancy loss and the death of a baby for parents and their families.
- Identify, develop and use techniques to deliver bad news and communicate sensitively and effectively with bereaved parents.
- Enable bereaved parents to make informed choices about: o The memories they create with their baby.
- What happens to their baby’s body.
- Recognise the impact of pregnancy loss and the death of a baby on health professionals and be able to access available support.
- Recognise the importance of on-going support for bereaved parents and the potential impact of their loss on all subsequent pregnancies.