Sponsoring Professional Training for Health Professionals
To date we have paid for 281 training places on vital training courses for health professionals. In 2019 we will pay for another 80 places.
The course providers, Baby Lifeline, are a unique UK charity and their training company, Baby Lifeline Training is a nationally recognised training provider, supporting the care of pregnant women and newborns all over the UK and world wide.
"CTG Masterclass" (pictured) provides evidence-based training on CTG Interpretation based on fetal physiology and pathophysiology of intrapartum hypoxic injury so as to reduce hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy whilst reducing unnecessary operative interventions.
"The CTG training is critical and should be provided each year for all midwives and doctors.” Julie Mycock, Head of Midwifery, Jersey Maternity Unit.
The social skills of communication, team-working and leadership and the cognitive skills of situational awareness and decision-making are considered to be key ‘non-technical skills’ (NTS). Such skills are of particular relevance to the maternity care team, where multiple tasks are often required simultaneously, the woman is usually awake, and the clinical circumstances may be complex and stressful.
- Upright & upright complicated vaginal breech delivery
- Neonatal resuscitation
- Cord prolapse (to include case discussion)
- Shoulder dystocia (also in water birth)
- Maternal collapse
- Postpartum haemorrhage (PPH)
"Predict to Prevent" teaches effective care of mothers and babies at risk of premature birth, growth restriction and stillbirth and ensuring effective assessment and care of at-risk babies before and at the time of delivery. This training benefits every pregnant woman.
Feedback on Baby Lifeline courses:-
- One of the best study days I have attended.
Qualified in 1977!
- Excellent day, enhanced my confidence in
encountering emergencies in the community.
- This is an excellent course. I have learned more
today than in 16 years of training. I will try and constitute this management
in my unit.
- Enjoyable and informative. Provided new information
and ideas to help in dealing with obstetric emergencies in a challenging
- This is one of the most useful, informative and
enjoyable study days I have attended in 25 years of midwifery. Thank you.
- Excellent day. All midwives and obstetricians in
the UK should attend
- This should be mandatory and included in all CTG training for Obstetricians and Student Midwives.”
We look forward to sponsoring more courses in the future and we hope that this excellent training will indeed save a precious life.